Don’t Pay Property Taxes with Your Mortgage Payments
Many Canadians pay their property taxes with their mortgage payments. I agree that it sounds much easier, but you are leaving money on the table!
Depending on when you start your mortgage, you can be in a deficit or credit position with your lender. If you are in a deficit you will pay interest to your lender till you have caught up. If you are in a surplus, the interest earned is minimal.
I recommend paying your property taxes directly to the city. By paying directly, you will never pay more than you owe. Many cities have preauthorized debit plans.
- Go to your local city’s website and look up the pre authorized property tax payment program.
- Sign up!
- In Toronto, you complete a form online, email it in with a VOID cheque.
It’s super easy!
FREE YOURSELF FROM DEBT & EXPERIENCE FINANCIAL PEACE!
Want to Retire Debt Free?
In the Live Debt free program, I will teach you how to pay off your debts including your mortgage!
- Get the best option for your family with Sylvia Ho’s mortgage expertise.
- Accountability to keep you on track for your wealth building goals.
- FREE VIDEO TRAINING - The 12 Concepts to Live Debt Free